Monday, March 16, 2015

Sephora's Pocket Contour Class

So I know this is Ali's Fashion Sense and we usually discuss fashion. But, today I wanted to flip the script and talk about something a little different…makeup. Specifically contouring. I must say, I am in NO way a makeup artist. 

If you've been around you've heard the word contour like you hear fleek, twerk, or any other pop culture slang. Now - a - days you can find countless YouTube tutorials from awesome makeup gurus about contouring. But usually when you try to do it on your own it  looks NOTHING like the tutorial. So while I was perusing the world wide web I found an article about Sephora's Online Pocket Contour Class where you actually upload a picture of yourself and it shows you how to contour like a pro. 

ContourContouring is giving shape to an area of the face and enhancing the facial structure through makeup," according to Beau Nelson, Kristen Stewart's longtime makeup artist.



Below are the step - by - step instructions to get the perfect contour. Disclaimer: The picture I uploaded below is from my birthday when I had my makeup professionally done by a M.A.C makeup artist. 


STEP 1: SNEAK PEAK OF THE DIFFERENT FACE SHAPES


STEP 2: TAKE/UPLOAD A PHOTO


STEP 3: FIGURE OUT YOUR FACE SHAPE


STEP 4: SELECT YOUR FAVORITE SEPHORA FORMULA 


STEP 5: 5 STEPS TO CONTOURING


1A: PREP


2A: HIGHLIGHT


3A: CONTOUR


4A: BLEND



5A: FINISH





I haven't actually tried to contour yet, but the app makes me feel confident that I can conquer this feat that was once deemed only for runways and high fashion shoots. To conquer your own face #beat check out sephoracontour.com  and try uploading your own picture. I will be stopping by Sephora very soon to pick up my contouring kit. How about you?

Happy contouring & Happy Monday!
-Ali 






No comments:

Post a Comment