Monday, March 2, 2015

The Game: The Superbowl Edition




Let me be completely candid with you. I was not a fan of football until maybe a year ago when I actually sat down and tried to learn about the sport from my awesome husband. Its funny. In high school I was in marching band (I know what you're thinking…and yes I was a band geek lol) so I never got to truly enjoy the game because we were always prepping for halftime. In college (my first go round) I attended an HBCU (Historically Black College or University) and at HBCU's football games they are all about the HALFTIME. The band (in our case the Marching 100) is the main event. The actual football team is just the secondary storyline (competing with tailgaiting, vendors, great food, and much more). So I never really got into football.


Don't get me wrong, I've watched football (mostly college thanks to my grandparents and parents love of the sport) but I definitely didn't get into football, particularly the NFL. But when I got married all of that changed. Sunday Football is a real thing. My husband gets into it! He's watches games on the TV while simultaneously watching/streaming games online. He's all into fantasy football and will truly be UPSET if he loses each week (because in his office the loser brings donuts). So when I tried to actually sit down and learn what was going on in the game besides knowing that you tried to stop your opponent from carrying or kicking the ball in the in zone, football became much more fun. I even joined a Fantasy Football League (using my husbands help of course…#TeamAnderson).


Since the Superbowl is coming up this weekend I thought I'd join in on the festivities and share an outfit post with you that is different from the norm here on Ali's Fashion Sense. Here's the thing. Just because you wear a t-shirt doesn't mean you can't glam it up. I''m wearing a Seattle Seahawks t-shirt (Lets Go Hawks) that is actually my husbands. He's not a bandwagon fan like me, he's actually from Seattle! I paired my Hawks Tee with a pair of dark denim skinny jeans, a leather navy blazer, chartruse sandals, and a navy baseball cap. I even added a girly flare by incorporating a statement necklace.







My attempt to spell GO lol
Outfit Details: Blazer (Express), Jeans (Old Navy), T-Shirt (Hubby's), Sandals (Target), Statement Necklace (Charlotte Russe), Baseball Cap (Hubby's)

So as you can see I'm repping the Seahawks for the Superbowl. Who are you routing for? The Seahawks (The Legion of Boom, 12th Man, Beast Mode, Russy), the Patriots (Tom Brady, Gronkowski, Darrell Reeves), the commercials (hopefully they're funny this year), or Katy Perry lol? Whomever you route for is fine with me! Just make sure you enjoy it. That's what its all about.



Let me know what team you're pulling for in the comment section below!

Happy Superbowl Weekend,
-Ali

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Steelers fan, but I'm rolling with the Seahawks! I think your outfit had a little to do with that as well, super cute. :-)

    xoxo,
    Melissa
    www.melissachanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look. Simple and chic. Plus you look great! Love the hat and hair. You did it again.

    ReplyDelete