Monday, March 2, 2015

Silver Fox


As I've mentioned in the previous 3 posts the weather has been very up and down these last couple of weeks here in Georgia. I have tried to keep up with the changing temps practicing different layering techniques. Saturday I had a lot of errands to run and I wanted to be comfortable while doing so. So  I started my look off taking my distressed jeans and layering them with my navy tights (you can see where I first mentioned this technique 2 years ago with lace and distressed jeans here). Then I threw on my silk gray blouse, a gray cardigan, and my cream faux fur vest to amp up the look. Lastly, I grabbed my cream, gray, navy, and blush pink sneaker wedges to pull the look together and tie in all the colors. The shoes are a perfect casual Saturday, running errands, running behind your children kind of shoe. They allow you to be comfy yet still put together. 





LAYERING 101
The secret again to layering is all about balance. You want to create warmth without looking bulky. The way I nail my layering technique is all about trial and error. I will start with a firm foundation and switch and swap items until I have the perfect mix of garments. So don't be afraid to get down and dirty in your closet. Try things on. Switch things up and rock whatever you choose with confidence. Here's a simple pictorial example of how you can layer your pieces using an oversized blouse + cardigan + faux fur vest + distressed jeans + tights. It's quite simple when you really get the hang of it. Ali's Fashion Sense Tip: Throw on a faux fur vest over your cardigan, duster coat, or leather jacket to create an unexpected element. It instantly adds sophistication to your outfit. 

Outfit Details: Silk Blouse (H&M), Distressed Jeans (Forever 21), Tights (Target), Sneaker Wedges (Target), Cardigan (Target), Faux Fur Vest (H&M), Necklace (Fancy Kouture), Aviators (H&M)


Would you rock the distressed jeans and tights combo?


pollcode.com free polls
Have a wonderful day and a great start to your week!
-Ali

1 comment:

  1. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS LOOK! Very glamorous.

    Also, I tried to do the survey but after selecting my option there was nothing that I could press that would allow me to submit it.

    ReplyDelete