Friday, March 27, 2015

Mix It Up


Solange is one of my style hero's. Her ability to take two prints and make them cohesive, EFFORTLESSLY is truly a gift and quite mind blowing if you think about it. She has truly come into her own. I love to see what two wild and crazy prints she will pull off next with her crazy, sexy, cool vibe!

In honor of Mrs. Solange Knowles I tried my own version of mixing prints, the lite 2.0 version. I took my army green hieroglyphic vest and paired it with my black and white paint - splattered blouse. For a more casual look I paired my denim shorts and caged booties sandals. To play up the military theme (think army green) I grabbed my cognac and black belt (which helps suck me in at the waist, creating the illusion of an hour - glass), gold earrings, a broach, and an "I Believe in FAMU" button.




Outfit Details: Denim Shorts (Forever 21), Hieroglyphic Vest (Forever 21), Paint - Splattered Printed Blouse (Forever 21), Booties (JustFab), Belt (Forever 21), Aviators (H&M)

Mixing prints doesn't have to be a daunting task if you choose correctly. Two of the oddest pairs can become a masterpiece in the right hands. The Mixologist's Guide for Beginners: Try these 3 mixes to jump start your hand at mixing it up. 
1.) Floral Prints + Polka Dots
2.) Stripes + Stripes
3.) Print + Print 

TGIF my luvs. I hope that you try mixing  up your wardrobe this weekend!

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment