Monday, April 8, 2013

Ebony & Ivory Sunday Recap

There is nothing new about the pairing of black and white garments. Yet it is a timeless color duo that has withstood the times and trends in the fashion realm. So I channeled my best "ebony and ivory" to pull off my version of "Sunday's Best."

I chose a simple black skirt that I got for $3.50 from Goodwill, a black and white graphic blouse that I bought from Forever 21 a couple years ago and my cream blazer with leather detailing from Forever 21. I decided to add a pop of color with my neon Prabal Gurung sandals from Target to spice up the look and take it to the next level.

ITS ALL IN THE DETAILS
Here's an up close look at the accessories that I wore on Sunday. The lemon/lime colored shoes are from Target and the feather necklace is from Charlotte Russe. 



EBONY & IVORY
I really like this outfit! It is looks polished yet young and fresh. Plus the neon pop of color adds an unexpected bonus :)



WITH OR WITHOUT
I tried to see what the outfit would look like with or without the jacket. I like both looks. SN: Come here, let me let you in on a little secret. The black and white graphic blouse that I am wearing is worn backwards. Too me it dips to low (especially going to church...I don't want my cleavage showing) so I just turn it around and wear it backwards to avoid continuously pulling the shirt up!



I usually gather fashion inspiration from magazines and most importantly handy dandy Google lol. So if  my black and white looks did not get you scheming on your next ebony and ivory outfit, take a page from these sleek celebrities lookbooks.

BLACK & WHITE CELEBRITY LOOKBOOKS
I love to use celebrites as my fashion muses. It helps me to pull looks together to reinvent the wardrobe that I currently have in my closet. Hopefully these young, black, and fabulous women get you excited about wearing black and white.

Tracee Ellis Ross, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, NeNe Leakes, and Taraji P. Henson all slayed in their black and white ensembles.



Leona Lewis, Brandy, Angela, June Ambrose, Ciara, and Janelle Monae in their black and white looking absolutely fab!!!
What black and white pieces will you be mixing and matching this spring *cues ebony and ivory by MJ!*

2 comments: