"Lucite"(pronounced Lou - Site) according to Webster's Dictionary is "an acrylic resin or plastic consisting essentially of polymerized methyl methacrylate."
In layman's terms lucite is simply a (colorless), highly transparent solid piece of plastic. Even though lucite is just a piece of plastic on paper, it is now finding its way into one of Springs hottest fashion trends.
I've noticed lucite accessories floating around the internet and in some of your favorite stores on accessories such as sandals, purses, and even necklaces. I wanted to help you explore these unique pieces just in time for spring! Take a look below.
Check out these awesome lucite accessories:
1. Michael Kors Lucite Chronograph Watch - $225
2. Super Crystal Sunglasses - $114
3. BCBGeneration "Cynthia" Pumps - $89
4. Vince Camuto Lucite Crisscross Bracelet - $108
5. Qupid Arctic 10x Lucite Strappy Platform Heels - $42.10 (makemechic.com)
6. CC Skye Bright Love Lucite Clutch - $250
7. Forever 21 Studded Tote - $19.80
8. Kate Spade Transparent Bow Bangle - Price Unknown
9. Urban Outfitters "Wah Wah the Sol Cuff Bracelet" - $180
Check out more cool statement lucite pieces:
1. Briana Fano Necklace - Price Unknown
2. Juicy Couture Lucite Minaudiere - $148
3. Sergio Rossi Multicolored Sandals - Price Unknown
4. Kenneth Jay Lane Clear Lucite Link Necklace -$135
5. Target Bubble Umbrella - $19.99
6. Nastygal "Ashsky Platform" - $132
After checking out these lucite accessories are you simply in love yet? I know I am. This trend is a dream for the creative fashionista who wants a great "statement piece" to spice up a simple, plain outfit!