Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Inspiration Style Log

So, over the weekend, I had an epiphany! I'm getting old lol. Okay, let me clarify. I don't feel old I just realized that if you put me in a room with say, a bunch of 18 year olds they may point out me as the old lady in the corner haha. Just kidding! I totally LOVE being 27 :)

But on Friday evening, my husband and I went to a Live Jazz Event. Yep that does say jazz if you're wondering lol. The same jazz music that I used to tell my mom to turn off or change the station immediately, while she was listening, driving me to school. The music with no words that put me to sleep... yep that jazz! But it was a pleasant surprise to vibe out to jazz and be around the grown and sexy crowd  for a change. Just some good music, good food, and good people.

After hitting up my Friday afternoon Zumba class, I had to rush home and get dressed for the (jazz) event. On my way home I began to mentally skim my virtual closet to figure out what I could wear. Then an image popped inside my mind. After aimlessly searching on Polyvore.com a few weeks ago, I found an outfit inspiration that I saved on my computer in my fashion inspiration rolodex. Most of the pieces in the outfit collage were in my closet so I was excited to put the outfit to use and recreate the look! I'm telling you, it's fun to play dress up and pull things out of your closet to create "new looks!" You gotta try it!!!

The basis of the outfit were some cognac colored leather shorts that I got from Kohl's for less than $40 (they look super luxe, but they didn't hurt my pocket to buy them). But before we discuss the outfit in detail check out the original below.

THE LOOKBOOK
As stated previously, I found this inspiration on Polyvore.com from Polyvore Member: Lilly - 2711 (I didn't create this initial collage FYI)! She was inspired by Eva Longoria in these camel colored leather shorts with an ivory blazer and shirt to match. I took Eva's initial look, coupled with Lilly's inspiration to create my own look. 

Whoever is happy will make others happy too!!



Soaked in Luxury transparent shirt, $91 / White blazer / Sass & Bide leather shorts / Sergio Rossi nude shoes / Yves Saint Laurent leather handbag / Retro jewelry / Ray-Ban ray ban sunglasses / Eyeshadow / Nearly Natural Silver King w/Wood Vase Silk Plant



THE ALI TWIST
After getting inspired from Eva's initial look, I knew I had the pieces to recreate this look, and that is exactly what I did! FYI: I have a pair of tan pumps like those pictured above for the inspiration but I decided to go with a pair of studded gladiator sandals because they matched the shorts and vibe of the outfit a little better in my opinion than the nude pumps. Here's what I came up with!

The key pieces:
Cream Blazer: Forever 21
Cream Ruffled Sleeve Shirt with Sheer Detail: Unknown
Cognac Leather "Lauren Conrad" Shorts: Kohl's
Gold Studded Gladiator Sandals: Aldo
Layered Key Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Gold Rimmed Aviators: H&M
Brown Clutch: Unknown


RIDING IN STYLE
Here are a few quick snaps, up close and personal, on my way to the jazz gig (sorry for the seat belt, but I gotta be safe)!!!

I decided to add some soft curls in my hair, to give it a different effect from the straight look


I think I did a pretty good job recreating the look. What do you think? Leave your comments below to give me your thoughts. My weekend was amazing, and I look forward to the unknown possibilities of this new week.

Happy Monday luvs :)

-Ali
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment