Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sweats & High Heels

There is nothing I dislike more than someone who decides not to get dressed to go out in public. I'm not saying you have to wear a red carpet gown to the grocery store, but at least look presentable (ya feel me)? One of my pet peeves is any night time or home gear out in public. You know what I'm talking about the flannel pajama pants, the Tweety slippers, the head scarf, the doo - rag etc. One step above the pajama pants are oversized, ill fitting sweatpants.

I know sweatpants can be comfortable but they can also make you look way bigger, sloppier, and worst of all, like you just don't care if you're not careful. If you are an avid sweatpant lover don't log off yet. I may have the best (of both worlds) case scenario. Sweatpants and High Heels!!! Yep, you read that right. Sweatpants and High Heels. It sounds like an oxymoron I know, but just hear me out. If you get the right type of sweatpants (one's that have a slightly tighter fit and tapered at the ankle) and pair them with the right essentials you could look like a sporty, chic fashionista who's not trying too hard but still looks fashionable! Don't believe me? Check out these ladies rocking out in their sweat pants!


SWEAT IT OUT, IN HEELS!
These ladies show us that you can look pretty dope by purchasing the right sweats and pairing them with a sexy pair of heels. You don't have to bare your midriff like Rihanna and Keri Hilson are doing but you get my drift. You can look h-o-t in sweatpants :)




Now you are ready to DIY. Here are some essentials you will need to complete the look!!!

DO IT YOURSELF
To pull off this trend all you will need are:
1. ) A pair of sweatpants
2. ) A t - shirt (it could be a plain white tee or a graphic tee)
3. ) A fitted jacket (i.e. leather moto jacket, blazer, fur coat (for colder months), denim jacket etc.)
4. ) A pair of "bad" high heels or boots 
5. ) Arm Candy: Watch, Bangles (optional)


Sweatpants, High Heels, & High Hopes

Zara v neck tee / DKNY , $520 / 5 Preview , $125 / Giuseppe Zanotti high heel shoes / Box clutch / Michael Kors pink gold jewelry / Black optical


So if you are into the "tomboy - chic" look then you have my permission to rock your sweatpants! ONLY, if you promise to swag it out with cute heels. Don't be afraid, just go for it. You won't' regret it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment