Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall Lippies

The first day of Autumn is vastly approaching us. Although the weather may or may not reflect the changes in seasons yet, it is always best to be prepared *in my Lion King Scar voice!* We will discuss in a later post how to transition your summer staples into Fall must haves, but today we will focus on something that I can't leave home without and that is a bold lip color! With the change of seasons comes new trends, new closet staples, and new color palettes. This doesn't just apply to clothing it applies to makeup as well. Today I will show you how to get your lips ready to take on all the fun Fall colors that are offered.

While I was out and about yesterday I picked up four new lipsticks from Walgreen's. The Maybelline lipstick was buy one get one 50% off (for this entire week, so if you like what you see go grab them quickly)! I also purchased a Wet 'N' Wild lipstick and those were 25% off. Let's take a look at my purchases shall we.

Here is the line up for the new "Maybelline Fall 2013 On the Runway Limited Edition Collection"

I purchased three out of the four lip colors from the "Maybelline Fall 2013 On the Runway Limited Edition" Collection. I only got three because the fourth was a very similar color that I own in my makeup bag already. No need to be redundant right? The colors in the collection are Fuchsia Fierce (990), Violet Intrigue (995), Lavender Voltage (1000), and Midnight Plum (1005). I absolutely love the deep purple hues. They are right in time for the fall to add a little spice to your lipstick game! Check out the swatches below:

VIOLET INTRIGUE - 995



LAVENDER VOLTAGE - 1000



MIDNIGHT PLUM - 1005



Besides these three beauties I picked up another red (you can never have too many red lipsticks) from one of my fav inexpensive cosmetic companies: Wet 'N' Wild (WNW). I like their lipsticks because they have a creme finish, and they last quite a long time. The color I picked up from the WNW display is Saraghina - A038.

SARAGHINA - A038




All in all I think I'm ready for Fall so I can break out my awesome new lippies! Are you going to try any new lip colors for the Fall? If so, what? If not, what are your go - to staples in your makeup bag as far as lipstick or gloss/chapstick is concerned?

Happy Hump Day beauties :)

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment