Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap: Saturday Soiree

I must first start off this post by saying, Sorry! Sorry for the sparse number of blog posts I did last week. I started substitute teaching a couple weeks ago, and I'm trying to get the balance of working and coming home being productive blogging. I will try to do my best to get you five blogs a week :) But let's get to this Weekend Recap shall we?

This weekend was OK. I didn't do too much on Friday or Sunday (besides the usual), so I'm just going to discuss my Saturday. The start of Saturday was pretty chill. When I say chill, picture me in my pajamas from 8AM until 7PM. Yea, one of those Saturdays. The hubby and I literally lounged for about 70% of the day reading, taking naps, and watching football. We'd gotten invited to a Frat Party for the Que's Grad Chapter here in Central GA but we weren't quite sure if we were going to go because of the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight. We were going to go catch the fight at BBW, but we chose to hit up the party instead. I told you all I was in my PJ's for most of the day, so I was happy to get dressed and put on some "real" clothes. BTW I think I cleaned up pretty nicely. What do you think?


BLACK & GOLD
I just got my wedges in the mail this week from Forever 21 online. They have gold metal detailing on the ankle strap. I knew I wanted to wear them to the party because they make you tall, they are more comfortable than stilettos (because wedges distribute and support your foot more evenly), and they are super sexy. The shoes were the start of my black and gold ensemble. I then found a dress that was gifted to me from my aunt a few years ago. I've never worn it, but I felt it would be the perfect fit with the shoes. Here's how the final look turned out.


:: Satin Dress: Ce La Vie::
:: Wedges with Gold Ankle Strap: Forever 21 (online)::
:: Gold Bangle: Forever 21::
:: Gold ID Necklace: Rainbow::


I love the subtle details of this dress. Whether it's the mess straps up top or the high split.


Pardon my back. The back view with the mesh racer back and exposed zipper. 



How great are these wedges? I'm in love with them!

What did you do this weekend? Did you have an amazing weekend? Did you work? Did you party? Let me know what you did and what you wore! Happy Monday luvs :)

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment