Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 24: Active Wear

Let's be honest, every time you turn on the TV you see countless commercials about exercising, dieting, eating healthy, eating clean, workout challenges, P90x, Insanity etc. and the list goes on and on. While I do want you to be active and live a healthy lifestyle today's post will focus on how to help you look stylish while going to the gym, working out in your own home, or just walking around your neighborhood to get your heart pumping. Day 24 covers "Active Wear" aka "Gym Wear" for
"Ali's 31 Days of Fresh!"



I must admit, when I hit the gym, the last thing I'm worried about is how I look. I want to get in there, get my heart rate up, get sweaty, and feel the burn. But I will say I would love to step up my "active wear" game a bit more. So here are some ideas for you (my subbies/readers) and for me to add on my active wear wish list.


ACTIVE WEAR & GYM ESSENTIALS
The items listed below will help you not only look the part, but will set you up to have the best workout possible!


Get It Right, Get It Tight




GET THE LOOK
Here is a simple look that you can recreate when you're headed to the gym to run the treadmill, lift some weights, or shake your bum - bum in Zumba. Take a page out of the "body party" singer, Ciara's workout playbook.
Recreate Ciara's Gym Look

Recreate Ciara's Gym Look by alifashionsense featuring a gym bag


WORKOUT FOR ME
Here's a little sneak peak into my active wear and things I do to get active!!!! When I'm at home working out I tend to workout in a sports bra, some running pants and tennis shoes (pic 1 on the left). When I go to the gym I usually throw my hair in a pony, add a hat, or throw it up in a messy bun and add a headband. I pair my running pants with a tank or tee shirt, tie my hoodie around my waist, lace up my Nike's, pull up my favorite playlist, and rock out while I'm doing my thing (which consists of either running around the track, cardio, or riding the stationary bike - pic 2 in the middle)! The right column shows things you can do to get your heart rate pumping. Do a workout challenge like "The 100 Workout," ride the bike at the gym, run, take a class offered at the gym (I do Zumba twice a week), or do a workout DVD at home (like "Black Girls Workout Too!"). 



There are many things you can do to get active, and plenty of pieces you can get to look stylish while working out. So show us your hottest "active wear" on Instagram using the hashtag #Alis31daysoffresh. I appreciate your participation and look forward to your posts. Have a great day luvs!!! 

-Ali

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, he is looking great and at first glance I thought he is wearing workout tights. But then I realized these are not tights. I am too looking for comfortable and trendy clothes for my cousin as she asked me to purchase them for her.

    ReplyDelete