Thursday, August 22, 2013

Biggie 'N' Me : OOTD

Have you ever had one of those days that you just didn't feel like "dressing up" but you still wanted to look fab. Well, that's how I felt yesterday. I always want to put my best foot forward when getting dressed, but depending on my mood, my schedule, and my inspiration I will switch up my look. When I woke up I was in chill mode so I wanted to wear something that was casual with a little edge.

I opted for my Notorious BIG "Ready to Die" tee, my leather skater skirt, plaid button up, and my all black sneaker wedges. I topped off the look with my gold herringbone and gold watch, and was on my New York state of mind with my hubby's NY Yankee fitted (if you know me, you know I absolutely LOVE New York City).



Biggie set the fashion scene ablaze back in the 90s with his Coogi sweaters, Timbs, and Versace shades


BIGGIE 'N' ME
The look is pretty much self explanatory. I had an improtu photoshoot (thanks honey :) ) with the "Ready to Die" Biggie Tee. It made me feel a lil' thuggish so I wanted to grunge out the look a little bit. (I wish I had a gold bottom grill, I would've thrown it in for a more "gangsta" effect lol).

::Notorious BIG "Ready To Die" Tee: Urban Outfitters::
::Leather Skater Skirt: H&M::
::Black Sneaker Wedges: Target::
::Plaid Button Up: Forever 21::
::New York Yankees Fitted: Husband's Closet::
::Gold Chain: Forever 21::
::Gold Watch: Target::
::Doorknockers: Beauty Supply Store::


DUCK LIPS
Earlier in the day I rocked my go - to nude lip color in Butter (by NYX), I opted for a more edgy, darker, red pout for the evening with my Nars Mascate Matte Lipstick.




Since it is Thursday, I figured I'd hit you with a little throwback before you go on your way. To pay homage to Biggie check out one of his biggest hits "Hypnotize." It still bangs to this day when you hear the first couple guitar licks and him say "uh"!!!




Hopefully, that song got you bobbing your head a little bit before you leave my blog page. Whats your go to "I wanna chill but look fab" outfit? Let me know in the comment section below!!! I'd love to hear from ya.  Happy Thursday luvs :)

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment