Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Recap: The Jacksonville Edition

Hey fashion sensers! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was full of fun and adventure. Wanna see? Well, get ready because it's time for the weekend recap!

This weekend we (my husband, my youngest brother in - law, and I) went to Jacksonville, FL to celebrate with the baby bro (in - law) who was turning 20!!! He wanted to be by some water so he chose the Jacksonville scenery, and boy am I glad he did. For those that didn't know, I used to live in Florida for five years while attending the illustrious Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, FL. However, I would visit Jacksonville, FL often because one of my brothers (and his family) lived there at the time. So I'm no stranger to Jacksonville. But, I must admit I forgot the charm that the city provided with great shopping, beach views, and good ole' Florida sunshine :)

Friday we took off from GA, checked into our hotel, went to dinner at Bonefish restaurant (where I ordered chicken fingers and fries lol I don't like seafood) then headed bowling! I averaged 94.5 points (not too bad, although I messed up my manicure). I chose to sport my printed pants from, my neon cropped top, white denim vest, white studded sandals, and white feather statement necklace.

WE OWN THE NIGHT
Recap of the night.

Bowling Recap:
 "Me and the Hubster"
"Check the Footwork"
"Got Balls?"

OUTFIT OF THE DAY & NIGHT (OOTD/OOTN)
I tried out something new. What ya think?

Outfit of the Day: Crops & Prints
::Neon Cropped Top: Charlotte Russe::
::White Denim Vest: Forever 21::
::Printed Trousers: Forever 21::
::White Studded Sandals: Charming Charlie's::
::White Feather Necklace: Charlotte Russe::
::Michael Kors Watch::Macy's::


Saturday was jammed pack with fun. We started off the morning with a complimentary breakfast then I got to head to my favorite place of all...the mall. I only visited 1 store the entire 2 hour visit. Can you guess which one? If not, don't worry, I will be doing a "Mini Haul" video for you all. After the mall visit we hit up the movies to see Two Guns (with Denzel Washington and Mark Walberg). The movie was not what I expected but it was interesting. It definitely kept my attention. After our movie we hit up a beach side Mexican Restaurant called "The Pier" where I had a delicious burrito! We capped off the night soaking our feet in the sand while the water peacefully washed it away overlooking a beautiful sunswr at the beach! I even was able to get an awesome smoothie from one of the best smoothie places ever...Tropical Smoothie.

"THE PIER" MEXICAN FOOD & FUN
We ate at "The Pier" a Mexican restaurant with an awesome view of the beach and boardwalk!! The food was delicious.

L to R:
Derrius throwing the thumbs up, My Dinner (delicious)!, The view from the restaurant, The ambiance, Me and my boo 


BEACH LIFE
Life is but a beach!!! 

L to R:
Being calmed by the sound of the waves, Catching the sun set, Names in the sand (Derrek & Alishia), Footsies, Brotherly Love (my bro and hubby)


Sunday we got up, got our breakfast and hit the road! Once back in GA we chillaxed and watched a Netflix movie (Erased...I would definitely recommend it). I threw on my swagged out travel clothes.  My leather tee, distressed jeans, and colorblocked sandals...with my fav red lip!

TRAVEL CLOTHES
Nothing major, just a little light work.

OOTD: Leather Luxe
::Leather Tee with Sheer Back: Off The 5th::
::Distressed Jeans: TJ Maxx::
::Color Blocked Sandals: New York Boutique::
::Junk Necklace: Charming Charlie's::
::Michael Kors Watch: Macy's::
::Nars Mascate Matte Lipstick: Sephora::

All in all, I must say...this weekend was amazing. I was with great people, had good food (I pigged out...I gotta workout EXTRA HARD this week), did amazing things (went to the beach, the movies, bowling etc.) and got a chance to change scenery. Not too bad huh? What did you get into this weekend? Most importantly what did you wear?

1 comment: